Remote Call Pickup feature allow you to pickup other extension's incoming calls within your same team, this is a convenience way to cover other extension user's phone calls if necessary. Perform by device (phone) DTMF hotkey:
Perform by Offisky Phone Panel (Application Menu > [ Phone Panel]):
- Dial to: *666.
- The system will automatically connect you to one of the ringing incoming call(s), if available.
Method 1: Enable "Remote Call Pickup" feature (Global Settings):
- When an incoming call is ringing one of the extensions within your team, click / tab on the ringing extension icon (the extension should show ringing state).
- You will see a list of incoming calls which is currently ringing this extension, select the one you wish to pick.
- The system will now connect you to the ringing call.
Method 2: Enable "Call Sharing" feature by location group:
- To enable "Remote Call Pickup" in the global scope, your phone/device must not defined in any one of the location group (otherwise, the system will use the location group settings instead of the global setting).
- Now, enter Phone System "General Account Settings" as described in this document.
- In field [Call Sharing], select [Enable].
- Now, [Apply] your new setting.
- You may also enable "Call Sharing" features using individual location group settings.
- Now create a new location group. Make sure [Call Sharing] is set to [Enable].
- Now, for each phone you wish to enter into this location group, go to Phone Device Account Settings and set the phone [Location] to your new location group.
- Just remember to [Save] your settings.